Do you ever feel stuck or that you’ve lost your momentum? This short video offers tips for getting past this. (Transcription below.)
First off, I want to thank you for joining me this week, and for all your questions and comments and excitement over what we’ve been talking about. I’ve enjoyed starting this journey with you, and I cannot wait to continue through our upcoming time mastery class.
One thing that just gives me joy as a time-management junkie is seeing growth in my life and then helping other people achieve that growth, as well–using strategies and tips that work. And I’m not going to lie: creating these three videos has been a huge test in practicing what I preach: working from a crystal-clear list, using a timer, and focusing on one single task until complete.
I’m like you: I’m juggling the kids, I’m juggling two jobs, responsibilities–all the different things. And that’s what this is about. If you struggle with prioritization and getting things done, this is the place for you.
As promised on Wednesday, I wanted to talk about ways to get unstuck when you’ve lost your forward momentum. We’ll be addressing this topic in depth during the second week of our class, but I wanted to give you one little tidbit in the meantime.
The first thing you want to do when attempting to regain your momentum is to look at your life and determine when and where you lost it. Did you go on vacation and get thrown off course? Was there a big project that distracted you from normal daily and weekly routines? Have you been recovering from an illness? While losing your momentum is detrimental to your success, whatever caused the hiccup in your life might have actually been a good thing. Good for everything but your focus and momentum.
Next, you want to look for patterns. I’ve come to realize that, while I don’t think I suffer from a lot of PMS-type symptoms, my energy levels are very cyclical. Mapping out the patterns of my month—both emotionally and physically—helps me see where I can apply step three, which is:
Making a plan to get back in the game. This is where the proverbial rubber meets the road. In order to do this, you want to ask yourself four specific questions:
- What exactly do you want? Desire is the root of all motivation, so you need to be clear on this.
- Why do you want it? This question takes you to the root of question one.
- What are you willing to change or give up to get it? Ouch! For me, the answer to this question can run the gamut from food choices, to leisure time, to how much sleep I get.
- Who will help you? It’s the rare person who can make significant change without a supportive cheering squad or accountability. You’ve heard me say it over and over this week—you need to get a team.
That leads me into one of the main components of my upcoming Time Mastery Course—building a community. During this four-week course, you’ll be sharing ideas and support with others who are seeking to improve their productivity and time management skills, as well. What’s even better?—this group doesn’t go away after the course ends. These are your team members for as long as you want to work together.
In addition to a community of support, we’ll be going deep on topics like:
- How to set the stage and lay the foundation for successful time mastery. What are the best tools, systems, and strategies?
- Creating forward momentum. Here, we’ll discuss procrastination, how to determine proper priorities, getting unstuck, and follow through.
- Our third and most highly requested topic is focus—how to focus in a busy world, when dealing with ADHD, when juggling multiple high-priority projects, and when we are in a constant state of overload.
- And finally, we’ll wrap it all up with balance. This 21st century life makes caring for ourselves and others well difficult. So we’ll talk about why balance is vital, and strategies for maintaining balance.
On top of the community and weekly classes, you’ll have access to me via email for questions.
And I am so excited to announce that, after our third session, I’ll be scheduling one 30-minute coaching call with each of you individually. During this call, we’ll be completely focused on the nitty gritty of creating a personalized time mastery plan specific to your life.
Enrollment will open starting Monday, and will only be open for a few days. I’ll be offering an exclusive bonus to the first several enrollees, so keep your eyes open.
So there you have it. Exciting opportunities are in the works. Please do comment below and let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. I’ll see you next time!